Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Alex Toledo, Genna Mark, and our special guest, Ethan Skolnick (Five Reasons Sports) react immediately after the NBA Draft Lottery LIVE from our first ever "Watch Party" taping at Tap 42 in Midtown Miami. Our host may or may not have been deep in tequila during the making of this episode. Oh...the Heat are picking 13th, by the way.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, and Brian Goins discuss:
• Reaction to Juwan Howard likely keeping his spot on Erik Spoelstra's coaching staff with the news of Tyronn Lue nearing an agreement with the Los Angeles Lakers to be their new head coach, according to Yahoo Sports.
• Revisiting the what-could-have-been-Jimmy-Butler-trade to the Miami Heat from earlier in the season, as he continues his postseason tear in Philly.
• We go over the Game of Thrones phenomenon and play betting oddsmakers for who will take the throne, then compare them to NBA playoff teams.
• A Jason Terry stat that will make you even more sad about the 2011 NBA Finals/LeBron's surreal meltdown.
…and so much more!!!
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Greg Leif Sylvander, Cait Ngoepe, and Brian Goins invite Ethan Skolnick, overlord of Five Reasons Sports, as our special guest to discuss:
• Reaction and critique of Pat Riley's end of year presser on Saturday
• #SauceyNuggets that Leif has heard conveyed to Heat players during exit interviews.
• Miami's options on how to create flexibility for a max slot
• Hassan Whiteside/Goran Dragic opting out vs. opting in
• Cait's Wade-Udonis final moment reaction
...and so much more!!!
We celebrate Dwyane Wade in his final NBA game, and Justin Tinsley of the Undefeated joins us to talk about his story, “A trio of legendary nights with Dwyane Wade as he says goodbye to the NBA.”
Giancarlo Navas records a one-man, postgame reaction show about his experience witnessing Dwyane Wade's final home game as a member of the Miami Heat, holding back tears from the parking lot at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, Giancarlo Navas, Greg Leif Sylvander, and Brian Goins invite Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated's The Crossover as our special guest to discuss:
• Rohan's Sports Illustrated cover story on Dwyane Wade
• Bonus quotes from Pat Riley and Udonis Haslem that didn't make the story
• As Miami's playoff hopes are dwindling, we stroll down Dwyane Wade memory lane in preparation for what might be his last home game on Tuesday.
• Backlash on the Heat's optics of waiving #HeatCulture swingman Rodney McGruder in bid to avoid luxury tax.
… this and so much more!!!
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we welcomed long-time friend Kevin Wang (@kevkage_) to join Giancarlo Navas, Alex Toledo, Brian Goins, and our newest contributor Genna Mark to discuss:
• Breakdown of Heat-Celtics. What annoyed them about Monday's loss and what needs to change before Wednesday's rematch?
• Injury status on Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson: Could J-Rich be out the remainder of the regular season?
• The gang discusses how likely it is for Miami to get in the playoffs
• Alex and Brian's theory on how Miami can possibly push the Milwaukee Bucks.
Giancarlo Navas, Christian Hernandez, Lauren Gerwirtz, and Brian Goins react immediately after the Chris Bosh jersey retirement and the Miami Heat's 104-99 loss to the Orlando Magic on March 26, 2019. Giancarlo cries, Laren has takes and Chris has stats, listen to us talk about the memories of the Big 3 era, we poke fun at Riley's speech and a breakdown of the Heat/Magic. Miami (36-38) now holds the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference with 9 games remaining.
In this edition of The Heat Beat Podcast, we welcomed Justin Rowan of The Chase Down & Fear The Sword to join Giancarlo Navas, Alfonse "Alf" Sidney, and Brian Goins to discuss:
• The guys play back their old takes on how this Los Angeles Lakers season would turn out
• Is Kelly Olynyk Miami's second-best player? James Johnson’s fit in the rotation.
• Potential first-round playoff matchup breakdowns (Raptors, Bucks, and 76ers)
• Chris Bosh retirement jersey ceremony: Will LeBron James be in attendance?
Giancarlo Navas, Alex Toledo, Brass Jazz, and Brian Goins go LIVE on Twitch to celebrate our 200th episode of The Miami Heat Beat Podcast...only for it to be a gimmicky disaster. Pun intended.